Thank you for your support of the North Hatley Library, which is a private, not-for-profit library with a volunteer board and a host of wonderful volunteers working the desk. For over 125 years the North Hatley Library has played a central role in our community’s life.
Your donations make up an important part of our annual budget, and help us to promote literacy, a love of reading, and the exploration of ideas, culture and knowledge. Your donation also supports:
- Book launches and visits of authors. There are also poetry readings and music concerts as organized by local citizens.
- Art exhibits featuring local painters, potters, sculptors and photographers.
- A Christmas Art Show, which features local artists and craftspeople selling a wide variety of beautiful, locally produced work.
- Trips to art galleries in Montreal and Quebec City for significant exhibits.
- A story hour in the children’s section every week during the summer.
- Our resources are used by at least four local book clubs.
- Workshops of various kinds, including Pysansky egg decorating and memoir writing.
- The library hosts a number of community groups as a meeting place, including a writing group, a knitting group, and occasionally a hooking group.
- One computer and a printer available for members, as well as wireless high-speed access to the internet.
We are thrilled with any donation received. In particular, we are blessed by our monthly donors, whose faithful commitment allows us to budget with confidence for the ongoing operations of the library. Please consider making a donation or volunteering your time with us today.
You can donate in person during opening hours, by mail with a cheque, or online.